Tue, Apr 14 2020, 11am - 4pm
, 350 Victoria Street, Toronto, ON
PLEASE CHECK EVENT WEBSITE FOR INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19 AND UPDATES ON THIS EVENT:
Community Living Ontario will be hosting its Annual Policy Forum in collaboration with the Ryerson School of Disability Studies on Tuesday, April 14, 2020.
This year’s forum will focus on healthcare challenges for people who have an intellectual disability and their families. The interactive event will look at the implications of the shortcomings in our current system and the effect these have on the wellbeing of people with disabilities. We will also explore policy and programming options to begin addressing these shortcomings. You will learn from content experts and from people with lived experience.
The overarching topics will include:
- the enhanced risk of hospitalization when the health system fails
- improving access to home-care services that allow people to live in their home longer
- ensuring that people remain in control of their own healthcare decisions
- the impact of environmental determinants of health, especially poverty and homelessness
- addressing transitions in healthcare for youth and seniors
- ensure safeguards in the age of Medical Assistance in Dying (MAiD) legislation